Tagboard

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yu ying Exchange

Hello after today's exchange, I think we all know how different it is like to practice in front of an audience. I'll just put down comments for the pieces with bigger no. of people.

Doraemon

Kevin says: it's messy and not up to standard.

I must say the year 5s have done considerably well and it was the best of Doraemon that I've heard. Granted, there were areas which were messy but for 60% of the song maybe.. it was neat, compacted and certain errors existing before were either eliminated or not as pronounced. However, let's all realise that this is still a distance from concert standard and more should be done, and will be done. :) - Valerie

White Love

Kevin says: Played much better last Saturday. Was too on the surface and didn't feel for the music this time round. Deproved.

:'(

-------------------------------------


I think generally we all realised that it's really different practicing yourselves and going up on stage. With people looking at you, it's scary.

In 星光大道,张宇 said, "如果我要给人家一百分的演出,我私低下就必须做出五百分,那是没有办法的。” Okay I shall translate it in case some people's coms cannot read or what. If I wanna give a 100% performance, I would need to do 500% on my own. There's no way around it.

3 weeks left, we must maximize this time. Everyone continue to be motivated and work hard! Focus on the end point and we will reach there. :)

Thank you Mr Soh for coming down to give us moral support.. Thank you Kevin for organising this exchange.. Thank you all for your hard work.

- Valerie

No comments:

more than just pulling strings

Our teachers

Ms Ho Kar Hui
Mr Cassidy Soh
Mr Kevin Yeo (instructor)

Our members

Alumni
Valerie Kor
Eddy Ng
Zhou Xin Zi
Ou Xin Ying
Soo Yiwei
Roy Tan Jun Yi
Tan Ping Yen
Daniel Tey Jun Yan
Jason Quek
Chua Chong Thee
Ong Jing Wen
Leow Tien Leng

Year 5s (22)
Leo Jinghuan
Jocelyn Lek Xi Qing
Lim Jing Xuan
Fang Yu Qing
Ho Si Min
Qiu Dejian
Shen Xiao You
Lee Hong Sheng
Nicholas Poh
Esther Lee
Alicia Woon
Wu Shitong
Samuel Chan
Liu Sijing
Gao Yuqi
Grace Ho Wan Ting
Tan Cheng Yi
Heng Yiwei
Jenny Koh
Felicia Chen
Kimberly Loh
Shang Mengdie